Lesson - 51 - Should / Shouldn't

الخميس، 30 أبريل 2009

Learn It

should shouldn't
+ should +
- should not / shouldn't -
healthy
Photo by elsie

You should eat 5 portions of fruit and veg a day. It's really good for your health.

(I think it is a good idea for you to do it.)

"I think you should eat 5 portions of fruit and veg a day."

You shouldn't smoke. It's really bad for your health.

( I think it is a bad idea for you to do it.)

"I don't think you should smoke."

Positive Form + (should)

Negative Form - (should not or shouldn't)

Question Form ? (should / shouldn't)

Use "should" for giving advice or expressing an opinion.

You should speak English every day.
You shouldn't try to translate words all the time.

Should I learn English or Spanish?

Shouldn't you spend a bit more time practising your English?

Use "should have" to talk about things you regret you did or didn't do in the past.

I should have worked harder at school when I was a child.

I really shouldn't have spent all my money on new clothes.

Shouldn't you have finished?

You can use "should have + past participle" to speculate about things that may or may not have happened.

The plane should have landed by now.
She shouldn't have started cooking yet. Let's call her to tell her we'll be late.
Shouldn't the plane have landed by now?
You can use "should" for giving advice for the future or speculating on what might happen in the future

They should win next week.
You shouldn't go to the party tonight. You have a test in the morning.
Should I go to the party tonight?

Listen

should shouldn't

0 التعليقات:

Custom Search

  © Free Blogger Templates Nightingale by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP