Taking a call

الجمعة، 24 أبريل 2009

Go to the bottom of the page

Learn English Business Communication

English on the Telephone

Common telephone phrases to use when answering a business call



These are some of the most common telephone phrases used when answering a business call. You should learn them until you are comfortable using them.

Telephone calls - Common English phrases.

Answering the phone:-
Good morning/afternoon XYZ Ltd. How can I help you?
Connecting a caller:-
I'll put you through now.
One moment please.
Explaining there's a problem:-
I'm sorry, but the line's engaged at the moment.
I'm sorry. There's no reply.

I'm sorry, but he/she's out of the office at the moment.

I'm afraid he/she's on the other line at the moment.
Offering help:-
Would you like to hold?
Is there anyone else who could help you?
Can I take a message?
Maybe I can help you?
Offer a return call:-

Perhaps he/she can call you back?

Could he/she call you back?

Offering to take a message:-

Can I take a message for him/her?

Would you like to leave a message?

Asking for the caller's name and number:-
Could I have your name and number, please?
Could you give me your name and number, please?
Checking the information:-

Could you spell that, please?

Can I just check that again, please?

Could you repeat that, please?



copy rights to :
http://www.learnenglish.de

0 التعليقات:

Custom Search

  © Free Blogger Templates Nightingale by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP