Common phrases to use in meetings and presentations.

الجمعة، 24 أبريل 2009

Here are some phrases you can use in meetings and presentations:-
Common English Phrases
Getting someone's attention
May I have a word?
If I may, I think...
Excuse me for interrupting.
Can I come in here?
Giving opinions
I'm positive that...
I feel that....
In my opinion...
The way I see things..
If you ask me..., I tend to think that...
Asking for opinions
Do you think that..
Mister X can we get your input ?
How do you feel about...?
What do you think of ...?
Commenting
That's interesting.
I never thought about it that way before
I get your point.
I see what you mean.
Agreeing

I totally agree with you.
Exactly!
Good point!
That's just the way I feel.
I have to agree with ...

Disagreeing
Unfortunately, I see it differently.
Up to a point I agree with you, but...
I'm afraid, I can't agree
Giving advice and making suggestions
Let's...
We should ...
Why don't we ...
How/What about ....
I suggest/recommend that ...
Clarifying
Let me spell it out...
Have I made that clear?
Do you see what I'm getting at?
Let me put it another way..
I'd just like to repeat that....
Requesting information
Please, could you...
I'd like you to...
Would you mind...
I wonder if you could...
Asking for repetition
I'm afraid I didn't quite catch that. Could you repeat what you just said?
I missed that. Could you say it again please?
Could you run that past me again?
Asking for clarification

I don't quite follow you.
What exactly do you mean?
Could you explain to me how that's going to work?
I can't see what you're getting at. Could we have some more details, please





copy rights to :
http://www.learnenglish.de

0 التعليقات:

Custom Search

  © Free Blogger Templates Nightingale by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP