Common phrases to use when greeting visitors.

الجمعة، 24 أبريل 2009

Here are some phrases you can use when looking after visitors.
Common English Phrases
Greeting the visitor:-

Good morning/afternoon. Can I help you?
Do you have an appointment?
I'll let (Mr Smith) know you're here. What name is it, please?
Explaining there's a problem:-

I'm afraid (Mr Smith) is in a meeting.

I'm sorry, but he/she's out of the office at the moment.


Offering help / refreshments etc:-
Would you like to take a seat?
Maybe I can help you?

Would you like some tea/coffee whilst you wait?


Milk and sugar?


Would you like to read through our company brochure?
Making small talk:-

Did you have a good journey?
What was the weather like in (London)?
Have you been to (Germany) before?



copy rights to :
http://www.learnenglish.de

0 التعليقات:

Custom Search

  © Free Blogger Templates Nightingale by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP